The Salvation Army is seeking volunteers is to help. The Salvation Army Thrift Store receive and/or sort donations. Volunteers will be directly supervised by the Thrift Store management. Volunteers must be at least 16 years of age or supervised by an adult.
Specific Duties: Volunteers can provide services in one of the areas defined below, and assist in the others when needed
- Donation Receiving – Gather product at donation dock and receipt those donating • Donation Sorting/Placement – sort donated merchandise and prepare merchandise for the selling floor (hang, price, and/or fold merchandise)
- Arrange and straighten merchandise on the sales floor.
- Keep various areas of store neat, orderly, and uncluttered.
- Respect for people of all races, cultures, religions, and backgrounds
- Strong inter-personal skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to lift at least 10 lbs or more
- Ability to stand for duration of shift
- Retail experience is helpful, but not required
- Giving back to the community – play an important role in the maintenance and appearance of the Thrift Store
- Serving the under-resourced of Olmsted County
- Volunteers gain retail experience
- Opportunity to meet other like-minded volunteers
- Fun and fast paced environment
Training and/or Screening Requirements:
- One-on-one orientation and procedures training will be provided in the Thrift Store.
- All volunteers must complete an application and be cleared by the Rochester volunteer services department prior to beginning their service.
- Blood borne Pathogens Exposure Risk: Risk Level 1 (see Salvation Army Volunteer Manual) – The duties of this position create no expectation of exposure to blood or other potentially infectious materials.
Length of Commitment: Flexible on a regular and on-going basis; preferably 1-2 shifts per month. Store Hours: 8A-8P (Mon-Fri); 9A-5P (Sat); Closed (Sun)